Our Home Care Coordinators schedule home care services, medical equipment, medical reminders and coordinate medical care to help participants remain safe in their home. PACE is a contractor for several home care agencies from the community. The home care agencies provide caregivers who help our participants with personal care, housekeeping, chores, shopping, laundry, meal preparation, and medical reminders. If a PACE participant is unable to come to our Clinic, the RN Care Management Team can assess participants in their home. Our nurses check blood pressure, medication compliance, conduct blood draws and provide wound care. And, home care coordinators provide equipment in each participant’s home such as hospital beds, oxygen equipment, personal emergency response systems, and incontinence supplies.
Home Safety Checklist
- Checking steps that lead into the home and Steps inside the home.
- Removal of all throw rugs (fall risk)
- Working Smoke detectors in the home
- Firearms are securely locked, if owned
- Running water, electricity and heat
- Working appliances in the home